Tax Rebate Services: Who Can Claim

Did you know that 1 in every 3 people in the UK is owed tax? Tax back is a refund of overpaid income tax and covers the last four tax years. In order to claim, you must have been employed or were in self employment and paid income tax in the year you make the claim.

A Few Facts about Tax Rebate

  • The average tax rebate is over 900 – with 1 in 3 people being owed a tax rebate, it will definitely be worth putting forward a claim.
  • Tax back refunds account for the last 4 years – this means you could be entitled to a large sum of money that has accumulated over a number of years.
  • Tax payers are eligible – unless you make a claim, it is unlikely you will get any tax back so making a claim is always worth a try. All tax payers will be eligible to do this.

Who Can Claim?

Here is a list of circumstances which may make you eligible for a tax rebate:

  • Transport for work – if you have used your own mode of transport to get to temporary work places and locations, or you have used public transport such as buses or trains, you may be able to claim money back.
  • If you have left the country – if you have left the UK in the last four years, you may be able to claim your UK tax back.
  • Uniform care – if you had to wear uniform and you were responsible for the cleaning, washing and care of the uniform then you may be able to claim money back.
  • Tools / equipment – if you have used your own tools or equipment at any point of your employment period, you can be reimbursed.
  • Healthcare workers – if you work in healthcare, you may be entitled to tax back for uniform care (including washing at home) and professional fees that you may have paid such as NMC or RCN.
  • Specialist clothing – if you have had to buy your own clothing / uniform for your job role, this could be claimed back.
  • Non UK residents – if you are not a resident in the UK but you have paid UK tax for the time you were working in the country, you should apply for a rebate.
  • Non resident landlords – rental income tax for non resident landlords could be open to a rebate for the last 4 years.
  • Working from home – if you have ever had to use your own home for working, whether it was regularly or just once in a while, you can claim tax relief on any expenses incurred in your home.

Find out more about tax rebate services.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *