You’re probably thinking that there’s no chance in hell of getting any money back from a casino or bookmaker – and you’d be wrong! In fact, it’s so easy even a 5 year old could do it – not that i’m suggesting 5 year olds should be gambling!
The recent economy had affected us all in many ways. Some people lost their jobs, others are striving hard to keep their mortgages and others are coping up with bankruptcy and starting anew. Whether you are a homeowner or a young adult looking for ways to save on monthly bills, then you should pay close attention to some of the tips that this article will impart.
- Automobile expenses. If you have own a car, you would need to spend on car insurance, maintenance, repairs and gas to keep it running as a commodity. Here are ways on how you can save on automobile expenses:
- Instead of using your own car to drive to a nearby store, go to work or for shopping, you can just hop on the next bus downtown and spend less. If these establishments are nearer, you can just walk (and you could use the exercise), or even make it a morning routine jog.
- If you have one vehicle just sitting in your garage, then you could earn some extra cash by selling it. That’s one car out of your insurance platform and you can pocket some cash along the way.
- Take advantage of carpools whether for your kids or for your trips to work. You can even make your own car a carpool! If you have colleagues willing to share a ride with you for a fee, then go ahead and try it. It will save you time plus you can use the carpool lane at speed.
- Improve your gas mileage by properly inflating your car once a month. This will save you at least 1% of your mileage and your car would function better.
- Energy Bills. For homeowners, this recurring expense can be hard to control, especially if you share your home with more than one individual (plus kids!). We use more and more technology that requires more electricity, good thing we have a few energy-saving tips that can help you save on your electricity bills.
- Install CFLs or compact fluorescent lighting. These light bulbs have longer life span, with less electrical usage. By replacing your light bulbs with CFLs, you can save as much as $.66 per kilowatt hour per bulb!
- A programmable thermostat can help not with just regulating room temperature but also saving a few bucks off of your electric bills. With a programmable thermostat, you can automatically control your air conditioning even when you are not there. You can pre-program it on times when you are not at home or sleeping.
- You had probably heard this more than a couple of times already but unplugging unused electrical devices can help you save on your electrical bills. Even when not in use, electrical appliances incur a phantom charge which you will be charged per month if left plugged in.
- Use timers and power strips to further regulate your electrical usage. Power switch timers can turn off any electrical device that is plugged into it, eliminates the phantom charge and switches it off completely at certain times when you are not in your home or at night when you’re sleeping.
If you can control your monthly bills, then you will have more money to invest on your savings or something else that might be useful around your home.
Irina Webandyou is a finance writer for many popular websites. She contributes towards Payday Ninja UK website. She loves covering news about personal finance, debt, taxes, investing and many other business things.
When it comes to filing taxes, nothing is a one-size-fits-all solution. Some tips may apply to some situations, while some cannot be applied at all. It is just a matter of studying the whole process and getting some good advice from those who are experts at the subject.
Here are some easy to understand tips for the first timers that will surely lessen the hassle of tax filing:
- File your own tax. Many use the word ‘intimidating’ to describe their first experience with filing their personal taxes. Today’s new system of e-filing has made it easier for everyone. Putting it simply, it will be just like completing a response form online. All you have to do is look for the right program to suit your needs.
Some advantages to using the e-filing system is that it usually takes only an hour to complete the whole process from start to finish. Another advantage is that checks for tax refund are returned quicker as compared to filing the traditional hard copy way.
- Take it one step at a time. Breezing through your taxes does not mean doing it as quickly as you can. This is okay if you are a professional but the first timers should take their time and read everything clearly. Errors in the information you enter will only result to more hassle on your part.
Even if you are using an e-filing program, they still take you through the same steps. All in all, utmost care should always be taken when filling up any form concerning your taxes, since this will be sent to IRS and reviewed before verified.
- Be careful of tax preparers. The services of a tax preparer are a blessing for every taxpayer who can afford their fees. Yet, before you enroll in such a service, make sure that they really know how to handle your taxes competently.
Not all are truly competent enough and may even give you a so-so quality of service for your money. Common errors of the incompetent tax preparers are clerical errors that will certainly ring a bell with the IRS.
Errors in your tax return may cost you to pay an additional sum for your tax or even give you penalties for the mistakes and doubtful deductions found in your tax return.
- Keep that receipt! Many make the mistake of not filing receipts. Keep all the receipts of everything you have paid for so that when tax season arrives everything is made easier to calculate.
A great tip is to sort among your receipts which can be counted for valid tax deduction so that you have solid proof for the said deductions.
This doesn’t have to be complicated, even an old shoebox will do for keeping your receipts.
As stated at the start of this article, there is no all-around solution for the filing dilemmas that the first timers experience with taxes. Tax filing can be a complicated process when unarmed. Yet, with the help of these tips, filing your tax returns successfully will not be difficult at all.
Irina Webandyou is a finance advisor for eMoneyBuddy Logbook Loans. She writes articles about finance, business and debt consolidation.
People can realize an increase number of stolen or theft bikes in every other passing day. No matter what the medium of information but what matter to understand is that your bikes are not safe and they need a protection so that it should not cost you a great deal if it faces the same situation.
It’s time to update your prescription and, while you know you need to spend good money to get great eyewear, you just don’t have all that much cash right now. Here’s what you do. Go to your eye doctor and get a new prescription. Then, take that prescription and walk out of the doctor’s office. That’s right. You’re not going to be doing business with the brick-and-mortar retail outfit. You’re going online.